Welcome to the Catchwind Innovations, LLC website and Portal (the “Site”), which is operated by Catchwind Innovations, LLC (“Catchwind”, “We”, “Us”, and “Our”). Your privacy is important to us. This Site provides, among other things, information about our people, organization and application process, tools for applicants to submit applications and go through the application process, forums for discussions about topics relevant to startups, and profiles investors, physicians,advisors and service providers, as well as founders and startup companies.
To better protect your privacy, we provide this notice explaining our information practices and the choices you can make about the way your information is collected and used. You are always free to browse our website without identifying yourself. If you choose to take advantage of our services, we may ask you for some personal information. This privacy statement discloses the information gathering and privacy practices for our website.
THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT
The type of personal identifiable information that we collect may include name, address, email address, telephone number, fax number, credit card information (where applicable). It may also include information about your interests in and the use of various products, programs and services. This personal information is specifically used to process and fulfill any orders applications and to customize delivery of information to you.
We collect Personal Data from you when you voluntarily provide such information, such as when you contact us with inquiries, register an account with us or submit an application to us.
Our website will also allow you to submit information about other people, which may include submitting a person's mailing and email address to enroll them for membership or for a seminar or an event.
HOW WE USE THE INFORMATION
- If you provide Personal Data in order to create a username and profile, we will use your Personal Data to provide you with access to those components of the Site that require a username (including the Catchwind application process), to administer your access to the Site (e.g., sending a replacement password to the email address you provided to us) and to monitor your use of the Site.
- If you provide Personal Data to attend an event, we will use your Personal Data to give you access to that event and track the attendees of the event.
Catchwind may also use your Personal Data and other personally non-identifiable information collected through the Site to help us manage and administer the Site, improve the Site, better understand our users and improve the Catchwind program. We may also use the information that we collect in connection with our online discussion forums and from time to time to offer you products, programs or services.
We sometimes use non-personal identifiable information to improve the design and content of our products, programs and services and to enable us to provide a more tailored interface for users.
COLLECTION OF INFORMATION BY THIRD PARTY SITES
The Site may contain links to other sites whose information practices may be different than ours. Users should consult the other sites privacy notices as we have no control over information that is submitted to, or collected by these third parties.
We have put in place appropriate physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safe guard and help prevent unauthorized access, maintain data security and correctly use the information we collect online.
OUR DISCLOSURE OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA AND OTHER INFORMATION
In addition to the disclosures described above, there are certain circumstances in which we may share your Personal Data with certain third parties without further notice to you, as set forth below:
- Business Transfers: In the event of a sale, merger, reorganization, dissolution or similar event, Personal Data may be part of the transferred assets.
- Agents, Contractors and Other Third Parties: Catchwind, like many businesses, sometimes hires others to perform certain functions. Examples of such functions include mailing information and maintaining databases. When we employ or engage others to perform a function of this nature, we only provide them with the information that they need to perform their specific function under appropriate confidentiality obligations.
- Legal Requirements: Catchwind may disclose your Personal Data if required to do so by law or in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to (i) comply with a legal obligation, (ii) protect and defend the rights or property of Catchwind or individuals associated with Catchwind, (iii) act in urgent circumstances to protect the personal safety of users of the Site or the public, or (iv) protect against legal liability.